Friday, August 2, 2013

Here's today's worksheets. She was so determined to color inside the lines. She was at the table much longer than the other kids, and even told Lucy, "I can't play yet, I have to do this." And she had to take a few breaks to shake her wrist out because it was getting tired. I love how much she loves to learn.


Also, on Wednesday we went to see her new preschool. Her teacher, Miss Jo, is a delightful lady, and her facility is fantastic. She said her goal is to have each of the children be able to write their first and last names, using uppercase and lowercase appropriately, by the end of the year. Olive already does that! It was one of our Summer Smarts* goals for her, and she has nailed it. Her other Summer Smarts goal is to count to 100, and that's a bigger challenge, but we're getting close. Proud of my smart cookie.

*Summer Smarts is the little program I made up for the kids to do educational stuff for a few minutes each day. They each have a goal or two, and if they reach them then we get to go to the water park at the end of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment