Thursday, April 14, 2011

The biggest news of late is the arrival of George. When we brought him home, I showed him to Olive and her face just lit up with delight and concern. For the first several minutes of him being here, she was frantically looking for pacifiers and blankets for him. I've been so surprised at how gentle and sweet she's been with him. Yesterday I left her on my bed with him sleeping while I was in the shower. I could watch them from the shower, but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. She did great. I watched her kiss him and caress him so gently. It was wonderful. I love hearing her say his name. She's just such a natural at this big sister thing. I thought there would be some big ugly transition time where she felt jealous or mad, and I suppose there still could be some of that, but it's mostly just been so natural and seamless for her having him here. It's like he's always been here.

A couple small things about Olive lately: she has recently started talking in a super high sweet voice. Also, in place of "yes" she often uses "OK" - like if I say, "Do you want to go to the park?" she'll say, "OK." Or, "Do we need to change your diaper?" she'll say, "OK." It's pretty cute. She has started singing and talking much more coherently lately. Today from the back seat she sang Anna Banana, Pokey Bear, and the creeping hands song, and a few others. And she asked for both Oatsie and Gramma by name. She asks for Anna a lot too. It seems like she's just starting to explode with vocabulary and with being more understandable. She did a lot of coloring with Gramma Gail while she was here. She knows her colors really well, and even prefers purple when it comes to cuppies or dishes or bibs. Each morning at breakfast we read scripture stories, and Chris often sings "Scripture Power." Lately she's been asking for Scripture Power, or just for the scriptures. It's super cute to hear her say that. The other night Olive stayed up a little late and Dancing With the Stars was on the television. She loved it! She wanted to dance like them so bad, so Chris twirled her around and dipped her and everything. She just really loves to dance and sing and perform. Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment