Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Olive's been folding her arms a bunch lately. Usually she does it when we're saying a prayer, and she says amen with us at the end. But she'll do it other times too. It's very cute.

Today Olive learned what sound a pig makes. I showed her a picture of a pig, and then snorted. So then she went around trying to snort. It was funny. I was amazed that she knew that picture was a pig. I probably only mentioned that once or twice. I keep being amazed about the things she retains. We started doing a Smarty Pants Hour everyday - 10 minutes of reading, 10 minutes of letters, 10 minutes of numbers, 10 minutes of colors, 10 minutes of shapes, and 10 minutes of flash cards/vocabulary. She loves reading, and she's great with the flash cards. The rest are slow coming, but I'm sure it's getting through to her on some level. She's a really smart little girl.

Also today, we were playing on the floor and then she went into the other room. I was very sleepy, so I laid my head down on the floor. When she came back into the room, she picked up my arm and then tried to pick up my head. She helped me stand up and then led me by the hand into the kitchen and she said, "Snack!" My cute girl.

I'm sure I've mentioned what a fish Olive is. Her confidence in the water is amazing for her age. Recently she even started jumping in from the side of the pool. As long as she's wearing her floaties, she doesn't need to be caught. She goes down the bigger little kid's slide at the aquatic center, and she enjoys have the waterfall fall all over her. I think most kids her age would avoid the waterfall or at least be flinching like crazy. She loves it. She's just such a natural in the water. It's great.


No comments:

Post a Comment